Monday, February 1, 2010

Molly

My parents put down our family dog Molly on Friday. It was sad. Sadder than I expected.

I'm not a huge animal lover, but this sweet little 5lbs dog had a very special place in my heart and I'm pretty sure no other dog will ever have that same spot.

My parents told me the news on Friday afternoon (I knew this day was coming soon) and I was more sad for my parents than me. But then I checked Facebook on Saturday and my Dad posted this picture with the caption:

June 19, 1994 to January 29, 2010 - Tough day yesterday, she was a loving dog who will truly be missed.
His little obituary made me tear up and really cry. But it was her time to go and she wasn't healthy anymore. So goodbye sweet Molly girl - I'll miss you!!! (My last picture of her earlier in January)

4 comments:

Jennifer McHam said...

I am so sorry Kari! Mark and I both BAWLED when we had to put Chaos down. There is a huge mixture of emotions - Putting them out of their misery vs. letting God take care of his own timing?? is only the first of many roller coasters we went through. One more day? One more week? Too soon? Too late? Still have her dignity?? *sigh* It was awful. We didn't think we'd be able to let another dog into our lives for a while but Cassie has actually really helped. I hope your parents are able to find canine love again really soon! xoxo Jen

Matthew Crocker said...

it will be sad to go to your parents house and not see Molly. She was sweet. Sorry for your loss.

Jenny said...

oh kari, i'm so sorry!! she was such a sweet and cute dog!!

Shi Town said...

That's a sad story. She WAS a sweet dog...