Well, I suppose I should recap the last few days of my trip for the peeps who read this thing and are hanging on the edge of their seats with blog anticipation!
Fret no more, my audience...a new post has arrived!
Friday at lunch I met Stephanie (Target friend) downtown across from the Target HQ office. It was like being home in a way. I loved working downtown and being so close to shops, restaurants, bars, and fun sites. We ate a great Irish restaurant called The Local and caught up on the last month. I actually had the joy of seeing her last month in Denver, so it was treat to meet up twice in 5 weeks! After lunch I had coffee with another coworker Stacey. Her and I battled the ups and downs of working in the planning department full of people with introverted and quiet personalities. Stacey was a breath of fresh air for me, and was a dear when my mom got sick and I had to move home.
Friday night the cousins had a our own private reunion at Jon and Emily's house while the aunts and uncles took grandma to the dinner theater. The have a 5 and 3 year old girl, and just had twin babies two months ago: Andrew and Karina. There was so much activity and adventure in their house. Elise is a 5 and so funny. She's a little more serious and is completely into the Disney Princess stuff. In an effort to win their affection, I came bearing gifts. Elise immediately went to work coloring her art and then showcasing the outcome to hear the praise of 11 adults. Maia was a little different. She thought it would be more fun to hide the erasers and make people find them. She hid them in her room and marches out and says, "All the boys come to my room." Uh oh, Jon, good luck with that little girl! Maia is a little pistol with tons of energy. She runs, she screams, she giggles, and is out going. She talks non stop and continued to carry on quite the conversation over dinner. Elise just sat there silently eating and drinking while Maia entertained us. Cousin Andrew asked Elise if she ever gets to talk with Maia always talking. Maia very politely and helpfully says, "oh, just ignore me." What 3 year old says that? So funny!
Jon also shared a vivid prayer Maia said before bed time: Dear Jesus, I pray all the people of the world follow me. And that I follow Jesus. Amen." Jon was glad she got the Jesus part in at least.
Saturday morning we headed up north of the cities for the big family reunion. Basically it's my grandmother and all her siblings with their kids, and grandkids. So as you can imagine, it's quite large. I know I should make a bigger effort to talk to the other people, but I rarely see my own cousins, aunts and uncles, that I stayed close to them. So unfortunately I can't tell you much about my 4th cousin twice removed...
Saturday night we drove up to Brainerd for some time at the lake house. It was a quick trip for Amy, Adam, and myself because after tubing on the lake Sunday morning we headed straight back to the airport so I can begin my travel back home.
It was a great vacation. I loved spending time with Amy and Adam and seeing the rest of the family. It was fun to see old friends and experience that city again. I loved my stay there and the few months I lived there. But Colorado is definitely home!
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time! Wish we could have all gone with you.
So glad you had fun on your vacation! I understand about those big family gatherings and just hanging close to the family you're familiar with ;o) It's so few and far between visits. I am also very happy you are still deciding to call Colorado home, I would miss you if you went back!!!
Post a Comment