Friday, July 11, 2008

Minneapolis Part I

Greetings from the Viking state!  

Wednesday morning I arrived in Minneapolis and was greeted with the usual humidity, lush greens, and friendly Minnesota folk!

My friend Maria picked me up from the airport and we headed to brunch. Maria and I actually go back a very long ways to Northern Pines camp in 6th grade.  Most recently we spent time as junior high counselors at that same camp the summer before my senior year in college.  But like good friends, we picked up where we left off.  It was so good to see her!!!  She just moved to Minneapolis two weeks ago, so the timing was perfect.  After brunch we got coffee and met up with my cousin Amy back at her place.  Amy, her hubby Adam, and I went out to dinner that night by Lake Calhoun and GiGi's Cafe for pizza and wine.  It felt so good to back in this city - I loved the familiarity it has. I loved my life here and the people (but don't worry, CO is my home)!  Later that night we picked up our friend Travis for ice cream at the favorite spot in the neighborhood and enjoyed swatting away the bugs while we ate (I DON'T miss that part of MN).

Yesterday Amy and Adam headed to work so I kept myself busy.  I met my old roommate Lindsey for lunch. Gosh, it was good to see her!  We talked forever and filled each in on the last three years since I left.  So many good stories, lessons, and adventures were shared.  After lunch Maria and I connected again for a little shopping!  

Last night Adam, and Amy went out to dinner (hmmm, I'm noticing a theme of eating...) and then did some shopping at TSA.  We definitely found some good deals!  Then we went to our grandma's house to say hello and ended up keeping her up way past her bedtime!

So today I'm sort of a bum as I slowly wake up (Amy and I were up until 1:30am chit chatting).  But I'm meeting up with two coworkers from Target for lunch and coffee.  Then tonight the cousins are all getting together to grill out while our aunts, uncles, and grandma go to the dinner theater. Tomorrow is the big reunion and then we'll probably go the lake house Saturday night for some water skiing, and other activities before I'm back in CO Sunday evening!  

No comments: