Sunday, March 21, 2010

Caller ID Surprise

The Professor called me today.

Eeeeks!

Hmmm...what does he want??? Well before you get too anxious, it wasn't much.

He invited me to go for a bike ride since it was so lovely outside. My cousins were over at the time, so I used them as my excuse and said I was busy, but would love to go another time. We chatted briefly for a few minutes and I threw in the fact that my bike probably wasn't ready to roll anyway since it needs a tune up after being in the shed all winter. I said it was nice to hear from him and we hung up.

An hour later my friend Amy and I went for a jog around Wash Park and who do we see...yup...The Professor. It was a rare moment where bikers pass joggers and we just happened to see each other. We chatted for a few minutes and Amy became the first friend to meet him.

Afterwards she said, "He IS a good looking man."

To which I sighed and said, "I know." And he looked pretty cute and sporty on his bike. I was thankful I looked equally cute in my workout apparel, the very one he picked out for me while shopping a few months back.

It was semi-surprising to hear from him and it sounds like the door is a tad open on his end too (something I said was open on my end during our last convo). Regardless, I'm glad things are friendly and it made me feel good to hear from him.

Please don't forget the oath you signed as a living ViKariously blog reader: Don't ever tell men you meet that you read about them on my blog. Ever. :-)

1 comment:

song said...

Sounds like a good Sunday! I'm happy we got to see you at church. Here's to a great week!