Yes, I've made some blog alterations - for those who noticed a missing post. I typically blog about dates that go badly and I'll never see the guy again because I would hate to introduce a future boyfriend to my friends and have them all murmur..."Yes, we've read all about you on Kari's blog and I can't believe you did XY or Z."
That would not make for a good impression and I'd have to answer some questions later. I therefore, need to exercise some discretion in regards to communicating good dating experiences (quite frankly the bad ones make the blog...poor guys...)
But here is an update on blind date guy, The Professor...
Our blind date was pleasant enough, although I wasn't sure what vibes I was picking up from him. He was tall, attractive, and smart...all very important things. He loves Jesus (yay) and seems driven (professor of theology). The other couples we spent time with were awesome, so the evening overall was great.
So...skipping details on the blog...we parted ways and I didn't think I'd hear from again. I can usually tell when a guy is into me, and I wasn't getting those indicators from him at all.
A surprise email on Monday morning from him assured me he did actually have a good time Saturday and asked if I'd like to grab a drink sometime this week.
We met on Wednesday and it was great. What a fantastic date! Good conversation, very different from the quieter guy I had met that weekend. Turns out he was pretty sick on Saturday night and drugged up on cough medicine, not to mention the other guy we were out with is in charge of my date's professional future. So in some ways, my blind date was on two dates that evening with two people to appease. Well, whatever the reason was, the date Wednesday was fun as we chatted the night away.
I rarely go on a second date with a guy, and I haven't been on a third date with someone in about 2.5 years...
Regardless of what happens, it was refreshing to be out with a Christian man who I found intriguing and attractive.
I would say stay tuned on the blog, but we'll see. Details might have to come in person. :-)
4 comments:
The mystery is solved. Keeping my eyes peeled for those updates.
Can't wait to hear the updates!!! ;)
Jen
Sounds promising! :)
Post a Comment