Not Me! Monday
- I've finally joined a new gym. Moving to a new part of town, travelling abroad, and plain ol' laziness have kept me from burning extra calories these day, but that's all in the past because I joined a gym. Not only have I joined the gym, but I've gone too. And last Monday I went to kickboxing class with two girls from work, however, the normal instructor was out that night so her sub taught a combat class instead. I was not so freakin' sore for two days that I did not have to slowly lower my tush to the seat each I visited the ladies room. I am not that out of shape, or am I....?
- I have an opportunity at work to be part of a new team to help develop a new process/system that will greatly improve how our company operates. It's actually quite an honor and I'm pretty excited for this new adventure and a chance to showcase my mad analytical skillz in the hopes of great recognition one of these days. That aside, we've hired a group of consultants to help walk us through this change, and I most certainly did not Facebook stalk the lead consultant, just to see if I could find out anything interesting...I would never attempt something so juvenile with someone so professional. I did find out he's close to my age, looks like his photograph, and has Boulder, CO as one of his networks, but lives in Chicago. Oh yeah, he also has a ton of friends who went to Ivy League schools, so I'm pretty sure this dude is mega-smart. Yep, that's all I learned due to privacy settings.
- Friday night Melissa and I met for a long-over due girl's night and had dinner. Our real mission of the night was to maybe, possibly, just see, if New Moon was playing nearby at a good time. Turns out it was (small cheer). We did not get tickets for the next available show (10:45pm) and had to spend the next three hours eating and drinking at the restaurant until it was our time to see it. We did not have to sit in separate rows due to the high number of teenager girls in the theater, most of whom wept during the movie multiple times. And I did not hear one girl high fiving another girl because it was now her birthday and yell out "I'm 14"! I almost felt sorry for myself that my Friday was night was spent wedged between girls who couldn't even get a driver's license for two more years, and yet we were swooning over all the same scenes in the movie. Not me...
2 comments:
awesome! love the New Moon stuff! Can't wait to see it!!!
Oops, this is Jenny, not Jana, typing fr4om Jana's computer :) Happy Gobble Gobble!
Post a Comment