Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not Me! Monday (Wednesday really)

Last night I had my first meeting as a committee member for the MS Society. There was a new [cute] guy also in attendance and it was his very first meeting. After passing around a sign up list, I look at his name and did not immediately match his last name with my first name. Why, oh why do I do things like that? I'm not that corny of a girl, and yet that was my first instinct! I did not cross over to the "scary place".
--------
Often times I kill two birds with one stone when getting up from desk during the day as a way to preserve walking in heels for too long. I grab change for the diet coke machine and hit up the bathroom. Since I don't wear outfits with pockets it presents a challenge as to where I should place my coins during the bathroom stop. I don't like to lay things on the toilet back or the counters since I have to pick it up again, so I typically (& casually) drop the change in my bra at my desk and then retrieve it after washing my hands. This method has worked well for me for years, until I forget to dive in for the change and am not forced to find the most inconspicuous way to not reach into my bra, knowing someone could walk by, in the open cafeteria.
----------
During a tired Monday last week I went to the parking lot to hop in my car to grab lunch with a friend. I couldn't quite remember where I parked, but knew I was close, so I started clicking my remote. I could hear the click of the locks, but could quite see the car. My coworker politely says to me, "Isn't that it?" Um, yes, the car was probably 5 inches away from and I was actually looking right through it. Who would do that? Not me...

5 comments:

Amanda S said...

Ah, never a dull moment in your life! :)

Shi Town said...

Why did you change the title? I liked the other one, too.

Kari said...

I had second thoughts...

song said...

Ha! These are great.

j said...

Haha, love em Kari!! Great, great, great! Totally do the car thing. My mind is always a million different places at once, so I usually forget ;o) Did your first name sound good with his last??