‘Twas the night before New Year’s Eve, when all through my place,
I surveyed my mess from Christmas and thought of 2008’s grace;
I reflected on the past and the things I had learned,
And wondered if God knew what my heart yearned.
I spent a year thriving with friends and loved ones;
Never questioning that God knew my Mr. Someone.
But I also wondered how many dates would 2009 bring?
Would these men be fascinating, boring, or overly cling?
Will I be set up with eligible bachelors or awkward blind dates?
Should I expect to meet someone funny or I will I meet my fate?
I continue to meet men with children, who are recently divorced,
And yet I remind myself I’m 27 and a love match shouldn’t be forced.
My blind date on Friday night used a coupon for money,
And I couldn’t help but think it was sort of tacky and really funny;
Especially when the coupon at the classy steakhouse establishment
Was rejected because the fine print hadn’t been read & back it was sent.
Maybe I have too much time to dream, wait, and hope
For a companion who is fabulous and I’m eager to scope.
Is it too much to ask for a man with a similar upbringing?
Someone who loves Jesus, and is funny, with goals he’s achieving;
Or maybe a man who is not what I initially picked or envisioned,
But a man that God knows is my life’s perfect addition.
So I pray and hope for God’s ultimate plan in my life
And keep things interesting and be spared of all strife.
So I bid farewell to 2008 and the great adventures I had;
Knowing 2009 will be bigger, better, and completely ironclad!
I surveyed my mess from Christmas and thought of 2008’s grace;
I reflected on the past and the things I had learned,
And wondered if God knew what my heart yearned.
I spent a year thriving with friends and loved ones;
Never questioning that God knew my Mr. Someone.
But I also wondered how many dates would 2009 bring?
Would these men be fascinating, boring, or overly cling?
Will I be set up with eligible bachelors or awkward blind dates?
Should I expect to meet someone funny or I will I meet my fate?
I continue to meet men with children, who are recently divorced,
And yet I remind myself I’m 27 and a love match shouldn’t be forced.
My blind date on Friday night used a coupon for money,
And I couldn’t help but think it was sort of tacky and really funny;
Especially when the coupon at the classy steakhouse establishment
Was rejected because the fine print hadn’t been read & back it was sent.
Maybe I have too much time to dream, wait, and hope
For a companion who is fabulous and I’m eager to scope.
Is it too much to ask for a man with a similar upbringing?
Someone who loves Jesus, and is funny, with goals he’s achieving;
Or maybe a man who is not what I initially picked or envisioned,
But a man that God knows is my life’s perfect addition.
So I pray and hope for God’s ultimate plan in my life
And keep things interesting and be spared of all strife.
So I bid farewell to 2008 and the great adventures I had;
Knowing 2009 will be bigger, better, and completely ironclad!
2 comments:
Woo Who! Look at you go!!!
Nice. How long did that take you to write? Glad work is keeping you busy :)
Post a Comment