Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Ramblings

Since I tend to blog from work, I don't always have time to think and put down really interesting thoughts in my blog... So I'm just going to do a few "updates" in the world of Kari.

  • I've had lots of people encourage me to try EHarmony. If you know anything about me, you would know that while I think it's great for other people, it's not my personal preference. However, in light of the fact I've had two dates in 10 months I might consider this as an option in 2009. We shall see...pickins are slim out there!

  • I did talk to a match-making service rep today for a dinner club called 8 at 8. Four guys and four guys go out to dinner to see what happens. They're very selective about who they pick to use their service and are very careful with their screenings so you get good matches. However, I found out it is $450 for 5 dates (20 men), but you also pay for each dinner (and let's just say we're not exactly going to Chili's or Olive Garden for dinner). So basically I shell out around $700 to use this service and meet men with other women on my date. Should I find myself richer and single at age 30...I might consider it.

  • Halloween is right around the corner. Truth be told...I'm not a huge fan of the holiday and would be content renting movies and staying in. However, I was roped into going out and dressing up. Be looking for pictures this weekend of our costumes!

  • They finally blocked Facebook at my work today. My world as I know it is over...now what I am supposed to do...WORK??? That is just plain silly... And since I don't have Internet at home, I probably won't be on it that often. Oh well.

  • I've been counting calories for 6 days now. It is such an eye opener to see what you put in your mouth. It's crazy how just one little slip can up your calorie count significantly that day. I'm trying to shed some pounds (I might have put on a few lbs in the last few months...), so hopefully cutting back will help me fit into my clothes for holiday parties!

  • I agreed to go biking this weekend up a long canyon with this guy and some other people. I just got new pedals and clip shoes, so I'm nervous because they're tricky to use at first and most people fall once or twice. And this guy happens to be cute and single, so it would be unfortunate to tumble off my bike with him as my witness...wish me luck!!

  • While writing this blog entry my friend asked me again to join EHarmony. He said, "Please, I'm begging of you. Don't make me grovel." I told him he just wants me to do it so he can see if we're a match! Ha! Hmmm...more pressure...do I feel myself caving in? Not quite yet...

3 comments:

Shi Town said...

I think this cute, single guy might find you falling on your face endearing. He can run to your rescue and help you get up.

If I go with you, it's a shame we have to wear these lame biking shorts. So not excited about that.

Jennifer McHam said...

Mark's brother did eharmony and LOVED it! He met all sorts of really great girls on there - doctors, lawyers, and all really nice too! They just hadn't had the time (or luck) to meet the right one yet. You should totally do it! :)

Jenny said...

Bummer about facebook! Sorry that you'll have to "work" more now ;o( I'm sure you'll do great on the bike ride, and like Shiloh said, I think the cute single guy will find it "cute" if you fall. He can kiss your booboo!!