Monday, September 15, 2008

The Good Stuff

Our sermon yesterday was on prayer and it was amazing. Definitely one of the best sermons I've ever heard in my life. If you want check out the podcast at http://www.denverchurch.org/. Simply amazing!

I Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” (KJV)

I don't have my sermon notes in front me, so I can't remember every verse and every wonderful point that was made. But I walked away from the service with a joyful heart knowing my God's will is far more amazing than my own desires. I walked away remembering to trust God and strive to fully understand and accept His love for me. To give Him my burdens, my anger, my worries, and my blessings. Now that is some good stuff.

Always rejoice
Always give thanks
in all circumstances

And I'm learning how to take ME out of the equation. Do I do things because I want the recognition? Do I blog so people will think MY life is so great? Do I spend time with friends because it makes ME feel more loved? Do I just talk to hear myself? Do I actively listen to other's and participate in what they have to say? Am I just waiting for MY turn to talk? I don't ever want to be self-indulgent that I forget how to selflessly love other people. How can I selflessly serve other's without needing glory, thanks, praise, or anything else for it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday and Saturday Shiloh, Sonya, and I went downtown to celebrate Shiloh's birthday. Our original plan Friday was to go to amusement park but due to weather we changed our plans. So we grabbed dinner with our friend Kelly and spent the night talking and chatting at few local fun spots.

Saturday night we went to Cheesecake Factory and enjoyed delicious cheesecake and wine. Then we headed to The Rio for margaritas followed by some two-step country dancing at our favorite spot in LoDo. Ah, good times! Another late night...but we had a blast!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I heard an ice cream truck go by my apartment on Saturday afternoon. And my first thought was, "What a cute little truck with a nice man driving it." Followed by, "gosh that song is so annoying...please drive away faster..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is this ice cream truck that just drives around our neighborhood (everyday!) and it is the most annoying sound in the world. I think next time I'll buy a BB gun and shoot out the microphone.

Shi Town said...

That was a really random thought on the ice cream truck. I thought you were going to say you went and got ice cream. Yummy. That sounds delish. Dang it, now I want ice cream...

Matthew Crocker said...

Good thing Elie didn't hear the truck. What ever was I thinking when I taught her "music +truck =icecream"