Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Perfect Weekend

I had one of those perfect weekends...not because of anything amazing, but I had the time to actually enjoy each moment of it and do fun things.

Friday night we (Sonya, Shiloh, and some other guys) had tickets to a Rockies game. Since it was the last game of the season it was quite full and they had a fireworks display afterwards. We couldn't actually see the fireworks from our section so we went to the tavern across the street to watch them from the rooftop. It was quite impressive! We hung out with our friends for a bit and decided to call it a night early on...so we caught the light rail around 10:45pm to head home. It felt great to be home at a decent time on a Friday night.

Saturday morning I finally broke out my bike and went for a ride. I haven't ridden it since July 4th and it was time to get back on it. I rode for about an hour and did a lot of hills. I'm not in as good of shape as I was around the MS150 ride, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. After the bike ride I met Gretchen and Kit at yoga class. It felt great to stretch out my legs and work on my flexibility. Both Gretch and Kit are quite flexible, but I was terrible at the poses (it was only my 3rd yoga classes ever)! And the instructor kept walking by me and fixing me...sort of annoying, but it's always better to do things the right way.

After yoga Gretchen and I sat outside for coffee and had one of those great heart-to-heart talks. I love having a friend like her where we can be so honest with each other and get to the root of our hearts. It was a great conversation! Later that afternoon we met back up at Kit's house for a BBQ. Honestly, it's one of my favorite things. Everyone shows up with their own meat to grill and we just sit around, talk, laugh, eat, watch the kiddos play, etc. It's so relaxing. Although I couldn't help but laugh as I realized I was heading home at 8pm, and not starting my night at 8pm. But hey, I love quiet nights at home and getting some sleep as much as the next person. (Here is a picture of me with goddaugher Addilyn - she is so stinkin' cute.)
Sunday morning I went to church, and once again, it was another great sermon. Our pastor talked about the importance of missions and serving others. He really got to the point by saying it's our responsibility to serve others and we're called to do that. And what we learn in church and what the sermon teaches us weekly is done SO THAT we can go out into the world and be the kingdom. Church is a small part of our week and life, and we need to take that with us into our community. Anyway, great message!!

Shiloh invited Sonya and I over to her house for lunch with her family. So we grilled out and enjoyed a perfect Colorado fall day. That afternoon I baked more banana bread, made 'no-bake cookies', and cooked chili. Yum - now I have food for the week!

Sorry, this blog is sort of long and boring...hehe....

Here are some pictures from the BBQ at Kit's house:

1 comment:

Jennifer McHam said...

Sounds like fun! MAN we miss the BBQ's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!