Friday, August 15, 2008

GNO Samba Room

Last night was another fabulous GNO - GIRLS NIGHT OUT!

Jen, Stephanie, and Gretchen ditched their lovely children to hang out downtown and enjoy happy hour on a random Thursday evening.

We met at Samba Room (a favorite spot of mine) for mojitos and appetizers, followed by a quick stop at The Rio for a margarita and food. And you'll never guess what...the camera was busted out! Surprise, surprise! But we girls love snapping photos and being silly.

The thing I love the most about GNO's is that you can sit there with your dearest friends and bare your souls. You can make fun of yourself, express your emotions, seek understanding in your walk with Christ, share a private story, talk about politics, religion, church, and the economy all over a drink at a bar - as if you're the only 4 women in the entire restaurant.

Random story...Gretchen is always very sweet about bragging about other people's accomplishments (much easier then pointing things out yourself!) So she tells her sister to feel my "guns" since she knows I've been working out a lot. I do a modest muscle flex (yes, I know this contradicts my "Spiritual Squats" blog entry below...bare with me!) So Stephanie is quite impressed with the bicep. Then Stephanie asks me to flex the tricep (you know, the one that causes women to have a "double wave" when moving their arm). So with curiosity and intrigue she reaches out to squeeze this little muscle. And with a disappointed look on her face she glances at me and says, "yeah, the bicep is way better." So I guess I need to do a few more dips at the gym! Haha! It was funny and made me laugh.

Samba Room and the "magical" mojitos...they magically turned Thursday into something wonderful! Can you tell these two are sisters!?

Me and Jen H...I love this girl! What a huge blessing she's been in my life this past year!

"cheese" - Gretchen, Stephanie and Me hamming it up for the cameraThe sassiness is starting to come out......and now the silliness emerges too...

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

Last night was so fun! Thanks for organizing it, Kari!
And I feel the exact same way about you too, friend! :)
Love ya,
Jen