Friday, August 22, 2008

Bridesmaid Duty Part I August 17, 2008

Sunday night I was a bridesmaid in sweet Rachelle's wedding, a roommate from college and dear friend for exactly 7 years now (gosh, I feel old). Rachelle and Jev got married in Colorado Springs and it was so exciting to be a part of their special day.
They've had a whirlwind romance that started around 4 years ago. From the second they were introduced the conversation never stopped. There was definitely a chemistry and even a date or two at the time, but distractions and med school took her away and they parted ways. But last June Jev came to visit Rachelle for a quick weekend before heading off to China for a two year mission trip. They pretty much fell in love that weekend and pursuing a very long distance romance. Thanks to technology, Facebook and web cams, they got engaged last January. Jev decided one year in China was enough, so he came back to see his fiancee for the first time in June, and they had a busy summer of dating, wedding planning, and figuring out future plans.

Saturday night we had the rehearsal dinner at Rachelle's grandmother's condo. It was great to be reunited with my dear old college roommates and hang out. We went to the church to ensure our bridal party was up to snuff for the big day, followed by cup cake decorating back at the condo (Rachelle wanted dessert for the reception to be made with love.)

Sunday was the big day! Jenny, Renae and I met Rachelle at the hair salon for moral support and more hang out time. Then it was make-up time, dress time, and rushing off to the park for photos. The wedding ceremony was lovely and in a gorgeous church with a fun reception that followed at the Air Force Academy. I wish I would have taken more pictures, but here are a few to highlight the weekend.

Jenny, Jev, me, Renae and Rachelle at the rehearsal dinner

Supportive bridesmaids Renae, Jenny, and Kari

We take our jobs very seriously


The dynamite duo: Kari and Cactus

Sunday morning at the hair salon (pre make-up)

The 4 "Treehouse" girls and old roommates. I've been a bridesmaid in all their weddings!

Renae: married in February 2004 to Adam

Miss Sass getting ready

Jenny: married in April 2005 to John. Mother to toddler born in July 2006 and expecting another boy November 2008. She's a busy woman!

The beautiful bride getting ready!

Walking down the aisle

The Whole Gang

Melissa (I was a bridesmaid in her wedding too!), Me and My mom

The newlyweds taking off...sporting some fabulous backpacks. Only Jev and Rachelle...

The wedding party taking off for the night. Phew, we completed our duty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some hot chicks!! Thanks for posting these Kari!

Matthew Crocker said...

You all look wonderful. Congrats to the bride!!!