Friday, October 5, 2007

Old Yeller

I can't believe we're almost done with a week in October...where did August and September go? Last weekend was quite relaxing. Abby, Mandi, and I (with some other friends) went line dancing and two stepping at the Grizzly Rose. I'm getting better and learning a few new moves here and there, and it's a great workout!

Sunday I went for a hike at Red Rocks to take my mind off emotional girl stuff. I filled my Camel back threw on some casual hiking clothes and headed up to Morrison. However, I forgot to check the schedule and there was a concert playing. Since I couldn't do the stairs I decided to hike the trails. I'm skipping along the path and trying to focus on tightening my stomach muscles when I come up on a couple with three dogs all on leashes. The paths are narrow so I scoot by the man with one dog. His dog jumps up and bites my leg!! I jump back and grab my leg and am like OUCH!

"Ouch - your dog got me!" says Kari
"Oh," says the man
"You need to be careful because that hurt..." I say.
"Oh, yeah," says the man
I begin walking away. "You know the least you could do is say you're sorry!!"
"Oh, yeah, sorry," he mumbles.

So I'm mad...super mad. All I wanted to do was escape for awhile and enjoy myself and a dog bites me. So I walk down the path a little longer and pull up my pant leg and sure enough it's bleeding. Oh great...I'm just waiting for the foam to develop around my mouth. So I march back to them and tell them, "Hey, your dog bit me and I"m bleeding. Is there anything I should be worried about??!!"

"No, he's had all his shots. Sorry."
"Well, you need to control your dog because it could have gotten a kid."
"Yeah, sorry."

I storm off completely mad, a little shaken up, and all alone on this path with no cars nearby and no pen or paper to take down their information.

Well I cleaned the wound which hurt for a couple hours and I think I'll live!! People can be sooooo rude sometimes. I did have my pepper spray and wish I would have sprayed the couple and their dog.

Anyway, the rest of the week was filled with meeting friends for dinner, walking around Clement Lake and not getting enough sleep. I'm excited about this weekend...I'll fill you in on that Monday. Go Rockies!!

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

How completely scary, Kari!!!! I have always been a little leary of dogs I don't know and this just gives me more reason to be scared. I hope you are doing ok.
Can't wait to see you next weekend for bookclub! :)
Jen