Monday, October 8, 2007

BBQ, Art, Margs, Groovin' and a Rockies victory

Happy Monday! A perky start for a tiring Monday...but I'm trying! I need more sleep!!!
Friday night I went to Mark and Jenny's for their weekly Friday night BBQ and it was great. I once again was teased because of my "weak meat". I tend to bring random things found in my freezer and sometimes they're just not big and "manly" are discriminated against due to their size...like little steak wannabes or chicken tenderloins. Some week I'll bring a huge prime rib and show them all!!! But it was a fun night as we enjoyed one of the last few great fall evenings.

Saturday morning Abby, Kristina and I went downtown to take advantage of Free Saturday's at the Denver Art Museum. They just built this new extension which is quite an architectural feat and it was pretty impressive. Oh yeah, the art was OK. None of us are huge artsy fartsy people, so we did our tour rather quickly. It was worth it to visit the new building, but I would not want to pay $10...We then headed to 16th Street Mall and had lunch on the patio of Paramount Cafe and people watched. There was a lot of activity on the street since the Rockies played the Phillie's that night and everyone
was decked out in their team colors.

Saturday night 5 of us girls went to The Rio for dinner and
enjoyed their world-famous margaritas. Yum!! We munched on their chips and salsa and had dinner and left quite full. So to burn off our calories we went to LoDo and danced away! Nothing beats shaking your groove thing when the bar is packed from a Rockies victory. It was so fun down there! Everyone was glued to the TV as the Rockies won 2-1 in top of the 9th inning. Yeah for them! Does anyone have free tickets to give me for the next round of games? I'll glady take them off your hands.

Sunday was pretty relaxing and nothing to write home about...just worked on my bible study, napped, watched an embarrassingly awful Broncos game, and cleaned my apartment.

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

FUN!
I wish we could still make the McHammy Q on Friday nights, but with Grace's bedtime being 7:30 (at the latest) it just isn't worth her grumpiness. :(
Love,
Jen