Wednesday, September 26, 2007

News Flash! I'm not perfect

So apparently I'm not perfect. OK, I never thought I was. In fact I'm reminding daily that I'm not. I struggle with everything under the sun. Well, maybe I don't struggle with drugs, alcoholism, or Chip 'n Dale dancers, but I struggle with another handful of things.

The first of which is diet/exercise. This "curvy" body of mine has been holding onto these last few pounds for so long. In fact I've lost a lot weight in the last 4 years, and I'm still in the home stretch of losing the final few. I am back to working out - which I am ridiculously sore from Monday's leg workout...I can barely walk down the stairs and don't even get me started on lowering myself to pee... I started counting points through WW which has proved a little difficult since my stomach is use to consuming food portioned for professional football players. OK, maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but I could cut back. I am going to Cancun in five weeks from TODAY and would love to post a great picture of myself while down there on the beach. Wish me luck. :)

My other struggle is remaining consistently close to the Lord. I have valley's and mountains like everyone else. Times where I can't fathom not knowing God to times where I can't even remember the last moment I opened myBible. But this new Bible study I'm doing is a great way to carve out that time to spend with God and learn from His teachings. This study is challenging our group to be in the Word daily - sifting through passages that explain why King David was so special to God. I see how in this last year I didn't take everything to God the way I should have. That might explain why my heart was so badly crushed during the break-up. I put so much hope in this other person that when it didn't pan out, I was left so emotionally broken because my heart had taken a time out from God. I would have said during my year with "that guy" I gave our relationship to God, but I see now that I didn't. And since I've committed myself all over to Him, the peace and hope I feel is creating healing and a pinch more happiness. What a great God we serve! To know that we can give Him our problems, big or small, and He will love us through it and carry our burdens.

So in my desire to become a little more perfect, or at least not so obviously imperfect, I am striving to correct areas of my life that have caused angst, hurt, and questioning.

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever.
To him who alone does great wonders, His love endures forever.
Who by his understanding made the heavens, His love endures forever.
Who spread out the earth upon the waters, His love endures forever.
Who made the great lights-- His love endures forever.
The sun to govern the day, His love endures forever.
The moon and stars to govern the night; His love endures forever.” Psalm 136

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Whoa it is such a relief you FINALLY figured that out! Just kidding :-P

I hear ya on both accounts. I am so excited to hear what you are learning about David. I have been reading through 1 and 2 Samuel and an now it Kings so i have been focused on David for while. Any insight is appreciated!

Honeycutt Family said...

Great post, Kari. I hear ya on so many of the same issues. Praying for you, girl...
Jen