A coworker of mine was diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer last month and I'm completely shocked by it (I just found out yesterday). She's 41 years old and had a clean mammogram last fall. She has two teenagers and a fiance. It's so scary! She's very strong, so I have no doubt she will fight with everything she has, but once again, my own past memories surface and I feel the pain of her situation. If you think of it, please pray for Liz and her kiddos.
I've been chatting and emailing Phil the Red Head all week. He's quite funny and our emails have been fairly entertaining. Nothing serious is discussed, but just touching base and exchanging humorous stories from our day. He's called me several times this week and it's been nice. I appreciate how straight forward his intentions are and there aren't any guessing games. After two failed attempts to nail down time to hang out this week, we're going out Sunday night when I get back from the mountains. I'm actually looking forward to it and really enjoy talking to him. I'm still curious if the attraction or romance piece could develop, but for a now, a nice friendship is in the works.
The Professor sent me a text at 1am on Saturday which begs several questions: 1) Had he been drinking when he texted it? 2) Why is he touching base with me and asking questions? So I text him back Sunday to answer his question and asked how is weekend was. Still no reply. He's so annoying. After our "drink date" three weeks ago I was very content never seeing him again and just moving forward, so when he pops up again I feel frustrated because I know I have to make Big Girl decisions yet again. I logically understand that it is a Dead End road with this man and yet my emotional side kicks in and feelings re-surface. I would like to send him an email that says something along the lines of , "Please don't contact me again unless you're interested in a date and feel emotionally ready for a date with me. Please plan it, pick me up, and pay for it. And make sure it is a fun activity so we can see each other's silly sides and not just have serious talks the whole night."
I'm biking the Copper Triangle this weekend with Amy, Adam, and some other friends. I've only ridden once since the Bike MS ride, so there's a good chance I could die. OK, that's not funny, but seriously...I'm pretty nervous. It's a one day ride of 78 miles and 6,000 ft of elevation gain over three mnt passes. We have a condo for two nights, so I'm focusing on the fun aspect of the weekend, not the ridiculous bike ride part of it.
I achieved my Bike MS fundraising goal this week! Thank you to everyone who supported me emotionally and financially! Now I have a reserved spot in the 2011 ride! Thank You cards with pictures will be mailed out in the next 2 weeks!
3 comments:
I have to say that the Professor really pisses me off!
I hope your ride goes well and I'm anxious to hear about the next date with Phil. Even if it is just a great, new friendship that is developing....
:)
1. I am SO SO sorry to hear about your co-worker. We will be praying for her and her family. How terribly sad.
2. Phil the Red Head sounds great to me. Even if it is just friendship, God knows what you need and that may just be it - Newly found confidence that there are decent men out there.
3. Of which the Professor is not. Leave him alone. Don't reply to his crazy untimely texts. If you do, send him something like what you just said. Seriously - It's time to cut away. He's a time and emotion sucker.
4. Be safe on your bike ride. Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up a little bit.
5. YAY about your MS goal!! You go girl!
I told you NOT to text back DB with a question so that you wouldn't expect an answer! ...oh cousin... Can't wait to die with you this weekend! -Amy
Post a Comment