Unfortunately another guy has made the blog and as per Jen's last comment that's not considered a great thing. Rats.
I had a date with a guy named Phil on Friday night. I actually met him sort of through Gretchen the night I took her out for her birthday last month. While I was in the midst of a conversation with one man she was chatting it up with Phil and apologizing to him for "ruining his game" since he was spending all time talking to a married woman. He insisted it was OK because he had red hair and thus no game. Funny guy.
So I met Phil and found out his friend worked at my company and we chatted a bit about that. A few weeks later I mentioned my encounter with Phil to my coworker and immediately he told me Phil was a really great guy and I should hang out with him sometime. My email address was passed along, emails swapped, and then phone calls were made which lead to Friday night.
Friday night was actually really good in terms of a decent, none painful date (PHEW!). He was a great date and really sweet and we laughed a lot, which I knew it would go that way based on our good phone chats. No serious conversations and nothing intense. It was awesome. We met for drinks and apps at 9pm (after his lacrosse game) and then we moved to a quirky karaoke bar and yes, I did sing a few songs with new friends I made there. In fact I think Phil has video footage of me rapping along to Salt 'N Peppa. By 2am we parted ways after a full night of conversations, laughter, and amazing people-watching. I haven't felt that comfortable with a guy I just met since my ex and truly felt like myself. Unfortunately I think that was a result of me not feeling attracted to him in the slightest and I felt the absence of a spark. He is out of town all week, but said he would call when he's back. So, in the spirit of enjoying the dating process and being open-minded, I'll probably go out with him again. You never know.
Joseph said it best last night when he said that the focus should be on just getting to know the person (sounds simple enough, but it's easy to get caught up in all the other stuff) and then worry about all about everything else later. And going out with someone just once can easily feel like writing them off.
So here's to enjoying the process and having some fun along the way!
3 comments:
Matt and I were just friends for about a year. Even after we started dating exclusively there wasn't really a big spark. Then, he broke up with me and we both felt horrible for 3-4 days (he had a stomach ache and I cried). He realized he made a mistake, we got back together, and we became inseparable. You just never know....
:)
I like Phil and I am not surprised you two hit it off. I told him you guys would. Yeah for a good date!
Yay for a great date and lots of good memories! No matter what, you'll always have that. I dated a red-head in college for 3 years and cried hardest when we broke up at the thought of all the little red-headed kids I was no longer going to have :( sniff, sniff! Did you know only like 3% of the population genuinely has red hair?? So there you go - He is already super duper special :) !! I like him already. Love you girl,
Jen
Post a Comment