The dating gods are laughing so hard! Their funny craftiness is putting them into stitches! They are relishing in my annoyance and awkwardness.
Haha, you're so funny.
I went to an Irish bar last night and walked in to look for my friends, and who is standing at the bar looking at me? The Professor.
Why must he be everywhere I go? Denver has almost 3 million people in it.
We smile at each other and I walk over and he REACHES OUT HIS HAND TO SHAKE MINE.
I was hand-shooked. It was highly offensive. I've never been touched so inappropriately by a guy I've dated before.
I felt super awkward because I'm sure our interaction either deserved a non-hug or a side-hug, not a hand shake.
We continued on with our polite conversation and asked about things. Same old junk that he asks me and he can't seem to remember my answers from last time. I ask who he's with and I have met one of his friends before, but Professor made no effort to reconnect or introduce me and then as quickly as our conversation started it ended. He said he would probably see me around and I told him it would probably be awkward again. (Ha, I'm so sassy).
So this whole thing is stupid. "Ryan, I get it, you're not interested. You're not even trying to be my friend. You're treating me like some awkward girl you once knew and feel pained to see me from time to time."
I get it. Just acquaintances who see each other every month and have no idea how to be normal. Gotcha. I can do that.
4 comments:
Loving the sassy comment back, completely deserved and appropriate for the moment. Ryan is starting to sound like a stolen garden gnome who is randomly placed around the city for those funny 'look where i've been' photos.
Ugh!
I'm looking forward to the time that you run into The Professor with a hottie on your arm who is completely anamored with you! :)
BTW--I like the comment above mine about him being like the gnome photos. Too funny!
A hand shake? Really? I hug men that I have just met let alone dated. No wonder he is single! O you poor girl. Its like a reality show camera should be following you.
Love you.
Melissa
Is a hand shake better or worse than a high five? Stupid boys.
Post a Comment