Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dear Professor

It is with much sadness that I sent an email to the Professor just moments ago requesting some of his time so "we could talk". Ever since our last date 2.5 weeks ago I've felt the need to remove a burden and stand my ground, especially since I haven't heard from him.

It essentially comes down to the fact he is not ready for a relationship and I am. And while he's been very honest about that, he's also enjoyed spending time with me which is no longer fair to me. I can't spend time with someone and act like a couple and yet only see each other every 3 weeks. I'm not wired that way. I realize now that this isn't going slow, it's actually not going anywhere, and that's not good enough for me. I really want to be with someone who wants to truly pursue me.

So, I asked for his time, since I've had two failed attempts in the last two weeks to see if he was free. This time I had to be more direct and let him know I actually needed to talk (hence the email). It bums me out it came down to this. It's disappointing to make this decision, even though I feel immense peace about it. It's frustrating to feel as though I met someone intriguing, but yet, things aren't working out.

BUT...If I'm going to put myself out there and date, then this goes with the territory. You win some, you lose some, but hopefully the ultimate gain will be worth it.

Please keep our future conversation in your prayers. I really have hope that it will be productive and comfortable, and I hope my thoughts come out as fluidly as I've practiced and I'm not tongue-tied.

6 comments:

Matthew Crocker said...

My wish for you is that you can look back on this time with "hope". You now know that good men who love Jesus are out there and you don't have to settle. Love you and can't wait to meet the man of your dreams.

RF said...

so sorry friend - i'm praying for you... and so inspired by your courageous navigation of the dating world!! ;o) you go girl!!!

Jennifer McHam said...

It will all work out! The first time Mark & I dated we had "the talk" and ended up being friends for 3 years afterwards. The second time we had the talk, I approached him thinking I was more into him than vice versa. I tried ending things and he basically said no! And here we are, married for 8 years. You neverk now. It will work out when it's meant to be - now or in 3 years. Love you girl!
Jen

Shi Town said...

I'm very proud of you! :)

Honeycutt Family said...

Ugh--I'm sorry! I am praying for you,friend! I truly cannot WAIT to see who God has waiting for you.....

Kari said...

We're meeting Sunday after church...wish me luck!