Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oh Golly, this will be an interesting season

Jake is back. On the The Bachelor. In January. I will only watch for the train wreck that will inevitably take place. I encourage you to do the same. I mean, do you really have plans on a Monday night in the winter anyway?
The squeaky clean, southern gent makes an appearance as the newly nominated love-seeker on ABC's ridiculous (yet addicting/entertaining) dating show.

After an incredible first date with last season's Jillian, Jake appeared to be an obvious front-runner on The Bachelorette. However, it didn't take long for the audience and Jill to see that he just wasn't the match for her and the chemistry that so quickly fired up after a night of two-stepping in a mini-skirt with fringe was doused in seconds. Jill let Jake go (with little remorse on her end) and yet Jake maintained that he was in love with her (wow, I didn't know you could fall in love after one good date and 7 awkward dates).

Jake later came back on the show to 'out' another guy who had some shady intentions. This act of chivalry was probably the most uncomfortable act of chivalry I've ever seen. You can't lean over a balcony and heave sobs over a woman you barely knew on national television. You just can't.

His "oh golly's" and sweet nature to please those around him will be an interesting angle for the next season. I'm already cringing at the thought of him trying to be overly polite and sensitive to 25 eager, desperate, and forward women. I don't think he can hack it to be quite honest. He's just not ABC Bachelor material. He lacks "the edge" to make tough decisions, and I have a feeling the women will be running the show.

And on a separate note...this guy seems so pure and sweet. He was teased for something involving God (fingers crossed that he's a Christian), but being on a dating show that hardly promotes similar faith or even complimentary morality means we've just lost another good guy to a hot blonde with great legs. Rats. I always want the good guys to find the girl who is full of awesome character (she can still be hot), but she needs her brain & heart to outshine her body.

We shall see what happens...

I just watched an interview with him on ABC. The interviewer just asked him what his dream girl was like and he replies, "What will she look like physically? Well, probably blonde, blue-eyed, maybe green. 5'5" and probably will look similar to me." (I am pretty sure the interviewer did not mean physically.)

I like that he's keeping his options open. Blue vs Green eyed women are incredibly different, so you've almost opened your pool to 23% of the bachelorettes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to vicariously blog through you this coming season. The bachelor is my secret TV indulgence. shhh, don' tell.

Jenny said...

haha! hmmm... i'm blonde, blue eyes, and 5'5". but luckily i've already found my handsome gentleman ;o)))