Thursday, April 16, 2009

Justice Revenge Grace Patience

My ex is now married. It is official. I am still single. Where is the justice in that?

Any dreamt up hope of him living a miserable life without me and always kicking himself for dropping the ball are gone.

Any hope of him feeling intense sorrow or regret are gone.

Any hope of me one day running into him looking all hot with a fantastic guy on my arm and hoping that the revenge of seeing me happy is gone. HA!

I just find it humorous that so many women have gone through this same thing. They get their hearts broken, spend a good year healing, growing, forgiving, blah, blah, blah and yet all guys have to do is box away the feelings and move on. And move on rather quickly I might add.

I guess he's not going to gain 20lbs while sitting around eating bon bon's and watching re-runs of Friends and resonating with Ross's character. Rats.

I am obviously thankful we're not together (just in case you were afraid that this blog was about my desire to be his wife...ewwwww), but it doesn't take away from the fact that I am annoyed that he got to move on first and move onto the life I wanted. Urrgh.

So I give myself a little grace...I remember that I am a different woman than I was two years when we were dating. I remember that marriage doesn't mean people are happier or complete. And I do my darn best to be patient while moving to the groove of my single life.

Good things come to those who wait, so I'm pretty sure I'm marrying a doctor who used to be a model, owns houses on 3 islands around the world, saves women from burning buildings, meets with the President annually to discuss how to save the children in Africa, leads a Bible study, takes his mom on dates once a month, and doesn't even comprehend the idea of cellulite. Yes, that is what I must be waiting for...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Haha, Kari, you make me laugh. You wear your heart on your sleeve and tell it like you feel it. Thank you. Sorry for the news. But I do believe you ARE waiting for the man you described... only better ;o))))

Shi Town said...

Does this man have a brother?

Jennifer McHam said...

Let me tell you something. Any guy who previously dated you and doesn't think about what his life would be like with you instead of who he's with today is a fool. It doesn't mean he's not happy where he is and you're not happier where you are but, let's be honest, YOU ARE A CATCH. When you meet Mr. Right it is going to be perfect, just like God wants it to be. Love you girl.

Melissa said...

Wow. I can't wait to meet Mr.Kari Shrader. He will be aww inspiring to all of us.

Love ya!
Mel