I went to bed last night with a very eerie, unsettling feeling. I couldn't place it. I went about my usual routine: brushing my teeth, washing my face, picking up some clothes, cleaning my kitchen, and winding down for the evening.
My bed was ready for me to crawl into and drift off into an amazing dream, and I still couldn't shake the thought that something was off. What was it? Why was I able to go from my evening routine to bed without a distraction or having something else to do?
Then it dawned on me.
I finally finished the 4th and final Twilight book and was no longer consumed with reading in bed for hours every night. I completed almost 3,000 pages of teenager vampire romance in the past few weeks and it was now over. No longer will I be up late at night turning page after page, completely engulfed in this fantasy romance that found it's way under my skin and maybe even into my heart (yes, you may gag). It is finished. And I am happy with the ending. Looking forward to the next sequel (that may or may not come...) But now I mourn the loss of ending the series, a feeling I often have when I read a book where the characters distract me for so long.
Now, what shall I read next? Any recommendations? Summer is coming up and I spend many hours by the pool and would love another book or series that enthralls me as much as Twilight did.
4 comments:
I still think you should read the Harry Potter series...
Oooh if you get any good suggestions please let me know! AND YOU HAVEn'T READ HARRY POTTER YET??? YOU WOULD LOVE IT! And it will keep you entertained for WEEKS! I'm with you - I wanted to cry when the Twilight series was over. I miss it!!!
Hmmmm...just ordered the first Twilight book from paperback swap. Look forward to starting it!
I am right there with you!! Need another series ASAP!
Post a Comment