Sunday, December 14, 2008

Boarder Chick

On Saturday Shiloh and I enjoyed the first run of the season at Copper. We had a blast and the weather was perfect. Snow conditions were awesome and there wasn't any traffic! It was amazing! And...the best part...I didn't have any bad falls. Granted, I still had some less than graceful moments, but I didn't get hurt (which unfortunately does happen quite often). My favorite graceful moment happened when I got off the lift and had buckled in. Shiloh was off to the side waiting on me and I slowly start going down and turn around and give her a cheerful wave and in a cheesy, peppy voice say, "Come on friend, let's go!" And a nano second later I fell flat on my face about 15 ft away from this guy who was trying so hard not to laugh. I had to suck up all pride and just laugh and told the guy who was around my age that, "I did that just for you." So about 30 seconds later his friend pulls up by him and he also tell his friend, "Come on friend, let's go." I was mocked. But it was pretty funny.And here's a belated picture from last Saturday's The Nutcracker...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute pics! Funny story, and I can totally see you doing that ;o) Hope lunch at Beau Jo's was great!!

Jennifer McHam said...

FUN! I SOOOOOOOOO miss the ability to go skiing whenever we want!!!!! I forgot to tell you about my 2008 whoops moment. I had been up since 4 AM in my defense. But it was all the way to 10 AM and I went to the bathroom and realized my underwear was on backwards and inside out. :) Ah, lovely.