Sunday, November 16, 2008

5k Panicking Poultry

Today Sonya, Joseph and I participated in the 5k Panicking Poultry Run/Walk in Boulder. We met at 9am this morning, checked in, stretched a little, and we were off. Unfortunately I'm not much of a runner (and I'm fighting a two week long sinus infection), so Joseph and Sonya ran while I walked on my own. They are pretty speedy and finished with an impression time (in my opinion).

I walked the race and made friends with a fellow walker to keep me company. The best part was they actually had winners for each part of the race by age bracket. And low and behold they announced my name as 2nd place for females ages 20-29, so I received my medal of honor in front of 700 people (all of whom were in excellent shape). It was pretty hilarious considering I was just strolling along my merry way, but I did get a medal which I wore with pride the rest of the day! It was sort of equivalent to being "the best of the worst"....haha!
The 5k event supported the MS Society, so we were all thrilled to show up and donate towards a wonderful (and personal) cause this morning!

No comments: