I pull up today's headline on Yahoo! and it says: Stocks Battered Again as Investors Look for Fed Rate to Cut; Dow Plunges 500 as S&P 500 Hits 5-Year Low.
I can't decide which market is worse: The stock market or dating market? Both are plunging rapidly and suffering heavy losses. Both have investor's worried about sectors being wiped out. Trading is more turbulent. The Dow Jones industry is losing an average of 500 points and indexes are falling and I haven't been on a good date in 2008.
I emailed Sarah today and told her about this guy who has been acting weird towards me. He called me last night to chat for a bit and get to know me, but no mention of a date and he sent me "interesting" emails last week about being confused in life. Sarah's response: "That guy is an interesting character. I am puzzled. In fact I am puzzled by most of the men you have met recently. "
Yes Sarah, I am puzzled as well. My close single girlfriends Sonya and Shiloh have similar stories too. In fact in the last week alone we've swapped funny stories about men and dating. We're left very puzzled and yet a tad bummed by the outcomes. We are meeting nice, quality guys who go to church (a solid step in the right direction), but the fact they "love Jesus" isn't promising anything worth being excited about in regards to a second date. These men are not in good places emotionally, or they're looking to only have fun, or they don't want to drive too far to date, or they're not sure what they want and aren't ready to make a decision.
We are tired of men being in a recession. We are not looking for the oh-so-amazing perfect guy this instant (though we would welcome him with open arms), but we're looking for some quality men to connect with and engage in a date here and there to see if he's worth investing in. We all trust God a great deal and know He has a plan (we know that), but I blog about this as a frustration towards the dating market in general.
So like our 401K's and stocks, we'll be cautious with how much we put into them, but we do long to meet some normal men who are stable and can offer up a fun evening with good conversation.
6 comments:
Heehee :) Sure do like your analogy :) I hope for you and can't wait to hear the news one day that you've found THE ONE. He will be terrific.
kari, how do you come up with these? i am always amazed:)
Haha. You are such an insightful friend. I am sorry the dating market is less than great. I know one day it will look up!!
I'm not sure which guy fed you the I'm not emotionally ready crap but I'm gonna say thats a stupid reason. If he wasn't emotionally ready then why is he dating. I'm not saying that couldn't be a valid excuse but it more than likely is a weak excuse. Hope that wasn't too blunt. You are welcome to edit my thoughts.
I love it when I read your blog and hear your "voice"
ha ha- oh so clever, dear friend! i'm sorry to hear the market is a little less than favorable at the moment... one of my financial friends holds to the hope that the falling rates on wall street only means us measly peasly shareholders might have a chance to BUY BIG in the near future when blue chip companies slip down to reasonable rates - hmmm? do i hear 'clark gable' in your future? ;o)
Post a Comment