Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wedding Bells...More Bridesmaid Duty August 30th

Abby is now a married woman, and a ridiculously happy married woman at that. Her wedding was Saturday morning up in my hometown and it was beautiful. I don't think I've ever cried so much at a wedding in my life. Two reasons: 1) Corey's father died 5 years ago and he was mentioned a lot during the ceremony, and 2) I am overjoyed for Abby and sincerely feel her happiness in my heart.

I won't go on and on about all the details, but it was lovely, the weather was perfect, and she looked stunning. Each member of the bridal party gave a toast and that was quite emotional as well. Most everyone is gaining Abby, but Shiloh, her sister, and I are losing her now that her bags are packed and moved to Kansas. But alas, that is what happens to friends at this stage in life. We move for jobs, move for love, move for change. We can't all stay single living in the same town, eventually someone will have to move and make a big change in their life. I'm confident in our friendship to know that we'll always be friends and she'll always be close to my heart because of some major life events we've shared and commiserated in. But I'm sad she's not here. I'm sad our group has changed a bit. I'm sad that I have to drive to the lovely state of Kansas to visit her - couldn't she have moved to California or something? :-) But she did something the rest of us would in a heartbeat too, given the opportunity - moving to be with the man you love. I'm so romantic huh?

Here are some pictures from the big day:
Getting the bride ready - who knew I was a Make-Up Artist?

Those who know me...know this picture is typical...yes, I'm silly

Abby looks absolutely stunning!

The original "3"

Shiloh and I lost in the moment

Sonya, me, and Shiloh at the reception

Kristina, Sonya, me, Abby, Shiloh, and Nikki

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

So beautiful, so fun! Congrats Abby! :)