Monday, July 28, 2008

New Adventures

I had a fabulous weekend! Just fabulous! Saturday morning I drove up to Winter Park to spend the day with my good friend Joseph. We met at the base of the mountain and took our mountain bikes to the top so we could ride down. I've never mountain biked a day in my life, so I had no idea what to expect. And I thought since we were going downhill it would be this easy little dirt trail that took us to the bottom. That was NOT the case. We were bombing over rocks, roots, and drop offs. In fact it was sort of scary and I had to work up my nerve a few times. And I fell and have a lovely bruise and scraped arm to show for it. While it looks gross and ugly, I'm secretly proud of my "injury" because I took a risk and pushed myself. So we're climbing uphill over rocks and then we're flying downhill (I'm trying to keep up with my expert friend), and I was so winded since we're doing this at 11,000 feet. It was a blast and I'll definitely go again!

After getting down the mountain (about 2 hours later) we had lunch on the patio and enjoyed a beautiful view while we chatted. Then we did the alpine slide and played a round of miniature golf. And yes, Joseph beat me by one stroke. Bummer! I had a blast with him and it felt so good to be up the gorgeous mountains of Colorado and out of the 90 degree in Denver.

Saturday night I drove to my parents house on my way home to enjoy dinner with my parents, sister, her boyfriend, and grandma. We grilled out, played games, and had so much fun! It was nice to see grandma while she's visiting from Minneapolis for a week.

3 comments:

Matthew Crocker said...

Don't know if I am brave enough to try mt. biking. Go you!

Melissa said...

Always trying something new. you are just so cool!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

I did some extreme mountain biking when I was at camp my junior year of college. Like you I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I fell hard and gashed up my entire calf and arm. Have some nice scars now... hope you don't scar, glad you tried it ;o)))