Monday, July 21, 2008

From birthday girl to cowgirl

This week was full of many highs...and a couple lows (which I won't dwell on, but know that it was one of THOSE weekends)...

Friday night I finally celebrated my birthday with some friends. My birthday was on the 8th, but I left for MN that week, so minus a great lunch with Mandi and dessert with Gretchen that day, I wasn't able to really celebrate.

Friday night a group of us girls went downtown for drinks, dinner, and dancing. We started at Samba Room for mojitos which were delicious. Then we headed across the street to Osteria Demarco for a italian food. I really like that place; it's very affordable and yet has an upscale feel to it. Then we went to Corridor 44 for a glass of champagne to toast to Sonya and my birthday (it was a double-celebration night), and then we got our groove on at Cowboy Lounge. It was a long night...had some drama...didn't get into my apartment until 3:30am due to a lost keys situation (I owe $40 for the guy letting me in after hours)...uhhhggg!

Saturday morning we met up again to drive up north to Cheyenne Frontier Days. We weren't really sure what to expect, but it was fun nonetheless. It was a hot dry day and we wandered around the exhibits and enjoyed people watching. We had tickets to the Taylor Swift/Rascal Flatts concert that night, but that wasn't until 7pm. Looking back we probably should have bought tickets to the rodeo because there wasn't much to do if you didn't see the rodeo. We grabbed dinner in town to enjoy the A/C, and then went back to grab our seats. Taylor's performance was really fun, and she's a cutie. Then Rascal came on stage and that was a blast! They were so fun and played our favorite songs. Towards the end we worked up the courage to hop the fence and got down on the lower level closer to the stage (shhhh, don't tell). That was well worth it and made the whole experience a million times better. We danced around, and snapped a few photos. It was definitely a long day, especially with 4 hours of sleep. We left Cheyenne at 11pm, and I was home at 2pm. Yikes!

Yesterday I slept in until 11:30am...oops! But I really needed some sleep. I had to drive downtown to get my car keys (unfortunately I already paid to have my car towed which was over $100 and thought I would have to pay another $200 to get it re-keyed if my keys didn't turn up somewhere...) I told you there was some drama. (more to the story, but I'll leave that out). So I only owe the apt complex $40 and the tow company around $130...yuck...Any millionaires who read my site and want to make a donation?

So it was one of those weekends that combined amazing, fabulous, great stuff, with really annoying frustrating stuff. An extreme high met an extreme low!

2 comments:

Shi Town said...

Oh no!!! I've been photographed in the same outfit twice!!! Fashion Horror...

It was a great weekend. Glad you got your keys back and were able to sleep in until 11:30. The boys burst into my room at 9am, which I thought was pretty good they let me sleep that long. I also took a nap yesterday, so that helped.

We have such fun weekends!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday again Kari!! I'm so glad you had such a great birthday bash and weekend. You have made some wonderful friends. You look great! I like the profile pic, very fun ;o))