Thursday, July 3, 2008

Do you know what $2,000 can do?

Thank you to everyone who donated towards the MS150 bike ride. It was an amazing experience and reminded me how I can help. I am now just $75 away from my $2,000 fundraising goal. I just wanted to list some things that $2,000 can do for someone with MS so you can see how beneficial each dollar is:

2 sets of hand controls added to a van
1 ramp so a person can exit/enter their home safely
50 days of attendance at an adult day enrichment program specializing in MS
3 reclining lift chairs
100 hours of case management services
15 walkers with wheels, brakes and a seat
10 window air-conditioning units to fight off the heat for someone with MS

If you're interested in donating, please check the blog entry below for the link to my home page. If you're unable to donate, then perhaps you would be interested in volunteering at the MS Walk next May or the MS Bike Ride next summer. And I always appreciate and am grateful for your prayers for my sister and your continued questions about her condition.

Much love,

Kari

No comments: