Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend time with my girls

I had another fabulous weekend! Friday I hosted a Clothing Swap Party for all my girlfriends. The idea of the party was to bring things from your closet that you don't wear or use anymore in the hopes someone else would want them. Each lady was asked to bring a minimum of 5 things (clothes, jewelry, accessories, shoes) and then we let the swapping begin. I think everyone walked away with a few new finds, and it was a great way to empty our own closets. Now I just need to haul the "leftovers" to Goodwill.
Amanda and I...sporting some bright summer colors!
Sonya and Shiloh showing off some of their "finds" at the partyAbby and Melissa enjoying a drink before the swapping startedKari drinking her cosmo with GretchenAll 11 of us (minus my sis who had to leave early). Thanks for coming girls!!

Saturday morning Shiloh, Sonya and I conquered Lookout Mountain. Shi and I drove Sonya to the top so she could run down it (she's training for a half marathon), and then Shi and I biked up the mountain. It was about 4.6 miles long, but it was all uphill and fairly steep in some parts. We were both proud of ourselves for finishing it! The we turned around coasted to the bottom. Afterwards we headed to the pool at my apartment complex for some much-needed relaxing! It was the perfect pool day.
Sunday Shiloh and I ventured out the S. Platte Trail from Littleton to downtown Denver. It was a fabulous ride! Some parts were rather industrial looking, but a lot of the trail followed parks and golf courses, so it was really fun to see new parts of Denver. It took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes to ride 32.2 miles and we were quite pleased with that time. After church Sonya and I laid by the pool again (are you seeing a pattern of biking and then pooling?). This is pretty much how all my weekends will look this summer!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look hot Kari!! Yeah for getting good workouts and looking tan!! Keep up the good work ;o)

Honeycutt Family said...

I sooooo plan on being at the next clothing swap! I am so jealous and mad that I missed it (even though I am loving hanging out with my fam in Pittsburgh!)