My three day weekend was sort of a blur…I wish I had today off from work as well to recover from my activities. Friday night we celebrated my mom’s birthday and met my sister for dinner up in Longmont at this great rib place. My parents are rib-obsessed and found a new place to dazzle their taste buds. Saturday morning Shiloh and I went for a 31 mile bike ride along the foothills. It was so great and we were really proud of our early morning bike ride. After that I met up with my friend Chris and we drove to Boulder for the festival and wandered around Pearl Street Mall and gawked at all the street performers and hippies. Boulder is such a unique little place to say the least. We drove to Melissa and Eli’s for a BBQ and played some corn hall (Chris and I won). It was great to see my friend’s and Melissa’s family. THEN we drove back down to Denver and met up with Chris’s friends at a karaoke bar to finish up our night. A bunch of our friends were singing and it was fun to watch everyone perform. I’ve yet to try it on my own, but maybe someday…
Sunday we went to church and found out my dear friend Abby got engaged Saturday at the top of Pikes Peak. It was so exciting because I’ve watched this whole relationship develop and strengthen, that it brings be so much joy to know that she found someone to fall in love with. And Corey is absolutely wonderful – I really adore him! Congrats to Abby and Corey!!! Sunday afternoon I snuck in some pool time before going to Shiloh’s for a BBQ. I worked on my bocce ball skills and horseshoe skills. Definitely head for cover when I throw horseshoes…I might have had a few wild tosses. The BBQ was a blast and I got to see some “old faces” from the church I used to go to.
Abby and Corey - the newly engaged couple. And how cute are their "matching outfits?"
Most of us girls at the BBQ: Sonya, Kelly, me, Shannon, Shiloh, Abby, and Nikki
Monday Shiloh and I biked a full 53 miles! We were definitely proud that day! And tired… But we did it and it was our longest ride to date. I felt really good by the end of it and it made me feel that Day 1 of the MS150 bike ride will be fine. Although, I am still nervous about Day 2, especially since I woke up this morning feeling rather tired and my legs are fatigued. But we still have 4 weeks to train and plenty of time to get more miles in before the big ride! Monday afternoon we had ANOTHER BBQ at our friend’s house near DU. We played ladder golf and more cornhole. I’ve successfully played almost every lawn game except croquet this weekend. We grilled, danced, laughed, and hung out. It was a great evening.
So here I am…back at the office…avoiding my “Monday” morning tasks. I guess I should get back to work. We did take a few pictures this weekend, so I’ll try to post some later (when they email me them)….
1 comment:
What a fun, crazy weekend! Too bad yesterday was such icky weather, but oh well.
That is so awesome about Abby!
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment