Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The trying times of being Christ-like

Being a Christian and striving to be Christ-like quite frankly sucks sometimes. Sometimes you just want to be a gossip, a complainer, judge without remorse, and think you're always right. I don't want to always think of my situations in a "Christiany" way and pray over things that bother me. I just want to say what I think about it and have the listening ear understand the silly thing I'm complaining about.

But there is a reason our walk is to be journeyed with otheres. The times I feel like being a grouchy, not-Christian person are the times I need my fellow walker to remind me of why I should be Christ-like.

Today I was venting to Sarah about my coworker. While this girl is nice, I struggle to be around her and her constant talking wears on me. But Sarah, being the good friend she is, emailed me back and said, "Not to sound all "holy", but remember that you might be put there for a reason. You are there to be Jesus for this girl, and you may be the only one who is. Don't have to be BFFs, but maybe just make an effort to care about her."

Point taken dear friend Sarah. I needed that moment to be humbled. While this task won't be easy I will try and remember that Jesus is who I live for and Jesus loves my coworker, even when I struggle to.

Romans 12:1-2, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world; but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the acceptable and perfect will of God.” (NKJ)

No comments: