Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Amanda

Tonight our "bookclub" gang got together to celebrate Amanda's 30th Birthday at Jen's house. They would probably refer to the group as the "playdate" mom group since they all have 1 or 2 kids under 2 years old that get together every week to play. But my bond with most of them started with our bookclub this summer. However, since then our bookclub has progressed to social club and restaurant club (any excuse to drink wine and eat food). Which works well for us anyway because the whole purpose of bookclub was to socialize anyway!! And what do women do best? TALK! And I learned more then I ever needed to know tonight about breast-feeding, contraceptives, c-sections, V-BAC's, baby diapers, toddler tantrums, etc...I will definitely enter motherhood with a little knowledge about the reality of it under my belt. :)

Here is a picture of our gang...we missed you Jenny M!! Notice Gretchen made an appearance with little Addilyn who was barely 3 days old (Jen - I stole your pics!). What a trooper (both of them). I'm pretty much in love with Addilyn...she is just so adorable and little! You can barely see her in my arms in the group picture.
Jen, Kit, Gretchen, Kari with Addilyn, Bonnie, and Amanda

Happy 30th Birthday Amanda! You look absolutely fabulous!

My precious little Addilyn...she's so small!! sorry, Gretch, I staked claim on your daughter too! :)

3 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

Kari,
Saturday was soooo fun! Already looking forward to our next get-together!
I'm so sorry that our conversations always seem to veer toward motherhood struggles. Like you said, though, you will be sooooo prepared!
Love you girl!
Jen
:)

Anonymous said...

She is SO cute!!! Makes me want to get pregnant all over again ;o) You will be a wonderful mom Kari. Thanks for listening and still being my friend when I bore you with motherhood ;o)))

Anonymous said...

i am on my once a month blogging rounds:) addilyn is adorable. you are a very lucky godmother! thanks for the pictures...

renae