Thursday, November 22, 2007

Giving and Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! Our family had another great Thanksgiving as we headed to the P-residence in Grand Lake, CO. Chris and Sarah flew in from NH to enjoy holiday with her family and mine. We drove up there around 1pm and ate a fabulous meal prepared by Susan and then enjoyed some music (including a duet by my parents), dessert and games. It was so fun!
And in the spirit of the holiday (and pressure from Gretch), here are the things I am especially thankful for this year:
  • My mom's cancer is STILL in remission!!!
  • My sister's MS is still tolerable and she's doing well.
  • Despite my heart-breaking summer the Lord has taught me so much. I am a better person because of this yucky experience and my relationship with Him has grown so much.
  • A job that pays decent and I get to enjoy all the benefits of it.
  • A dad that likes to hear all the details of my life and gets excited every time I call him.
  • Amazing girlfriends from coast to coast who are consistently there for me and love me even though I'm not perfect and make mistakes.
  • A beautiful state that offers so many adventures.
  • Diet coke...the addiction that I just can't give up.
  • A gracious Lord who accepts me for all the short comings I possess and has been forever faithful to me and to my family!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Long live the fishy face!

And shame on that Joseph Penta, he is getting coal for Christmas.