Monday, September 24, 2007

Grand Lake

This weekend Abby and I ventured to the mountains and enjoyed a relaxing weekend in Grand Lake. We took her new Jeep (which I was told by some men give women "hot points" for driving) and left after work Friday. We had to laugh because the highlight of our Friday night was watching cable since neither of us have it at home and catching up with TLC's What Not to Wear. I love that show! Saturday we started our morning with a hike up to Adam's Falls and continued on for another few miles. The leaves are changing and the gold just sparkles across the mountains. It was so beautiful! We then headed to downtown and walked the shops and checked out the Fall Festival. Neither one of us was too tempted to buy wooden toilet paper holders or turquoise jewelry, so we saved our money. We then went back to the condo and read our books and worked our bible study.

Our group is doing Beth Moore's A Heart Like His. It's an in depth look at the life of David. I've done Week 1 and love it so far! I've never done a Beth Moore study and she is a great teacher! I know we'll get a lot out of this study.

Saturday night we met up with my friend Joseph and enjoyed dinner at the local Mexican restaurant. Good conversation, lots of laughs, and yummy margaritas made our evening out so great. Abby and I then went to the local bar to enjoy live music and mingle with the locals. We were sort of under the impression they don't see too many young woman coming through their parts...needless to say we had fun and met a lot of nice people (and maybe some creepy people too). Sunday we slept in, read more, and ventured home that afternoon.




Thanks Abby for letting me join you this weekend and driving!!

Abby did take one picture of us, so I'll have to post it when she sends it to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Matt will proud to hear you were in a jeep!

Jennifer McHam said...

It's true - Mark & I used to have a Jeep and I got waves and gestures all the time when I was driving it! Never before and never since but I choose to believe that I'm STILL THAT HOT ;) !!