I love weekends. I know, I know, I'm probably the only one. But it's true. I am a career wo
man for the time being and I was promoted to a new job in March. I thought I would be an analyst for only the swimwear department, but they've thrown winter stuff my way too...base layer, gloves, hats, goggles, helmets, hand-warmers, skis, etc...anyway - my weeks are getting busier and busier, so when Friday rolls around I have a new found appreciation for it.
This last Friday was a great one! Shiloh, Abby (two good friends from church) and I had tickets to Cirque Du Soleil's Corteo and it was wonderful!
I've seen "O" in Vegas, so this one paled in comparison, but I still loved it. Very impressive and the actors made me feel rather stiff and nonathletic. Oh well - it's true. After that we met up with Nikki for her bachelorette party downtown. She's getting married this Saturday and is quite excited. We went dancing, sweated up a storm, met random people and just had a great time. One of Nikki's friends referred to us as "wild" and I actually took pride in it. Maybe because I knew I was conducting myself in a manner that my parents could smile upon, and yet still have fun. I am not too old to be cool...I know I'm not that old, but when you're at a dance club and you outweigh most girls by 5 years and 30 lbs, you can doubt your ability to be that "fun girl" (notice I said girl, not woman).

Saturday morning we met for brunch to celebrate another friend's engagement. Megan is also a friend from church and is getting married in two weeks. Weddings, weddings! We tried to surprise her, but apparently she was suspicious, so all my plotting didn't work. Oh well! Then we walked around Aspen Grove's "Paris Antique Market" and I found a very cute purse for $28. I love a good deal! I then spent the rest of my weekend in Fort Collins visiting my little sister and enjoying my old stomping ground. Go Rams!
This weekend will be equally fun and busy as the weddings begin. Shiloh already has dibs on the single groomsman who flies helicopters in the Navy. Shucks! Now what will I do - haha? Probably do what I do every weekend and steer clear of men. I've decided that finding the last one was a lot of work and he was very special, so the next guy has to be even more special, and those men don't come along very often. So I'm better off not looking because the fishing pond is rather murky! I don't mind visiting the pond, but I'm not ready to fish!! :)
man for the time being and I was promoted to a new job in March. I thought I would be an analyst for only the swimwear department, but they've thrown winter stuff my way too...base layer, gloves, hats, goggles, helmets, hand-warmers, skis, etc...anyway - my weeks are getting busier and busier, so when Friday rolls around I have a new found appreciation for it.This last Friday was a great one! Shiloh, Abby (two good friends from church) and I had tickets to Cirque Du Soleil's Corteo and it was wonderful!
I've seen "O" in Vegas, so this one paled in comparison, but I still loved it. Very impressive and the actors made me feel rather stiff and nonathletic. Oh well - it's true. After that we met up with Nikki for her bachelorette party downtown. She's getting married this Saturday and is quite excited. We went dancing, sweated up a storm, met random people and just had a great time. One of Nikki's friends referred to us as "wild" and I actually took pride in it. Maybe because I knew I was conducting myself in a manner that my parents could smile upon, and yet still have fun. I am not too old to be cool...I know I'm not that old, but when you're at a dance club and you outweigh most girls by 5 years and 30 lbs, you can doubt your ability to be that "fun girl" (notice I said girl, not woman). 
Saturday morning we met for brunch to celebrate another friend's engagement. Megan is also a friend from church and is getting married in two weeks. Weddings, weddings! We tried to surprise her, but apparently she was suspicious, so all my plotting didn't work. Oh well! Then we walked around Aspen Grove's "Paris Antique Market" and I found a very cute purse for $28. I love a good deal! I then spent the rest of my weekend in Fort Collins visiting my little sister and enjoying my old stomping ground. Go Rams!
This weekend will be equally fun and busy as the weddings begin. Shiloh already has dibs on the single groomsman who flies helicopters in the Navy. Shucks! Now what will I do - haha? Probably do what I do every weekend and steer clear of men. I've decided that finding the last one was a lot of work and he was very special, so the next guy has to be even more special, and those men don't come along very often. So I'm better off not looking because the fishing pond is rather murky! I don't mind visiting the pond, but I'm not ready to fish!! :)
4 comments:
Love the fishing analogy!
Love the new blog layout and am loving your posts - you are so funny :) !! Hope to see you soon -
Jen
LOVE IT KARI!!!!
I'm anonymous...and very mysterious...(your girl cousin in MN)
Post a Comment