I was thinking about the end of the decade...yes...we are one full decade into 2000...and I thought it would be interesting to post each year and write a one sentence High from the year and a one sentence Low from the year. If you have a blog, copy this and post your own!
2000
High - Transferring to CSU and moving into the Cairn's House (coed Christian house). It was the start of many amazing friendships that still are just as strong - Mel, Jenny, Renae, Rachelle - I heart you girls!
Low - Living at home my first year of college while friends got to live on campus
2001
High - Loveshack with Melissa (i.e. lived in a 70s house with a heart-shaped hot tub)
Low - Grandpa died
2002
High - Moving into the "Treehouse" with good friends Jenny, Rachelle and Renae. Way too much fun was had there!
Low - Struggling with working too many hours at the bank and keeping up on school work.
2003
High - Graduating from college with a degree in finance that landed me many job offers to choose from
Low - Doing Weight Watchers (ha)
2004
High - Going to San Diego for Cousin Amy's graduation
Low - Being unhappy with a job in insurance
2005
High - Moving to Minneapolis and working at Target Headquarters. Career woman, here we come! And the birth of my first goddaughter Eliana.
Low - Mom's cancer diagnosis and Amanda's Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis
2006
High - Falling in love
Low - Mom's stem cell transplant that kept her in the hospital for a month
2007
High - Girl's trip to Cancun
Low - Getting my heart broken and riding the emotional train for way too long
2008
High - Riding 150 miles in the Bike MS ride in honor of my sister
Low - Saying goodbye to Abby when she moved to Kansas for her hubby
2009
High - Italy!!
Low - Bad dates! Hey, if that's the lowest thing I can think of, it must have been a good year!
2 comments:
Great post! I LOVE it :) Yes, sadly, we have shared a few things I wish we didn't share, but we've also shared a TON of wonderful moments, too. Love ya.
Great post and way to reflect, Kar. I think I'll do the same. Matt and I are also thinking of doing a "time capsule" with the girls to be opened in 10 years. Hard to believe that in 2020 they will be 14 and 10!!!!!
Post a Comment