I can't help it. My little silly heart is easily entertained by this sort of stuff. I've always preferred light hearted reading from the chick-lit genre. Between my real-life hardships and bible study, I think I have plenty of reality in my life. I prefer to get lost in a story that simply entertains me and distracts my thoughts.
Edward is the most amazing boyfriend in the whole world, minus his desire to suck her blood, of course. But he resists that urge and uses mind over matter self-control to keep their boundaries in tact so he doesn't hurt her. He rescues her from danger, drives her to and from school each day, is smart, stunningly handsome, athletic, and musical.
See, I told you he was a catch.Sarah just told me I need a boyfriend as she laughed at me. She's probably right. I have a crush...on a vampire...
So before you roll your eyes at me...I'm also reading CS Lewis...and you should read the book yourself - it's excellent.
And I like remembering the romance emotions of a teenager. Things were much simpler back then.
8 comments:
I would like to point out that when Kari heard that I wanted to read these books she said, and I quote "Um, aren't those books for high school girls?"
Interesting indeed Kari! They are really good though!
~Amanda
Jerk :-)
Robert Pattinson...
I have the books sitting right here in front of me, but I just haven't had the time to read them. Thanks for the good book review, though. I can't wait to sit down and read...
OH MY GOSH I LOVE THOSE BOOKS!!! I've been a closet fan for about a year and Mark makes fun of me every chance he gets!!! I went to Barnes & Noble the day the last book came out, prepared to shell out THE BIG BUCKS for the hardback copy just so I could read it and it was only like $11. When I asked why the lady told me it was really for "young adults." I'm pretty sure I saw a smirk. Stupid bookstore elitist. What do they know about fun reads?!?! I loved them!
Jenny I need your book store. Borders is $10 more expensive for the hard cover.
I am trying to hold out for book 3 in paperback, but I might be too weak.
Kari,
I'm on the last book and love them too. It's crazy how they're so unrealistic but realistic at the same time. did you know that the author is a Mormon? That sheds some light onto why Edward is so "pure" when it comes to his desires for Bella.
I knew the author graduated from BYU...so I figured she had some faith! But I'm anxious to read book #3&4....VERY anxious!
Kari, we all have our guilty pleasures, so it's okay for you to have this, just never expect a guy to understand why you enjoy this book.
My sister recommended it to me so I gave it a shot - heck, I thought Harry Potter was going to be dumb until I started reading it. The difference here is that Harry Potter books are actually good, whereas this book is one of the biggest pieces of emotional crap I have ever read - second only to "the Notebook", another horrible chick book I would never recommend to any man.
So, while I don't mean to detract from your personal enjoyment of the book, I just thought I would offer a second, male opinion, so that no other man be persuaded to read it by the women in his life.
I'll start praying for your vampire boyfriend...
Post a Comment