
I was working out at the gym, lifting some pretty sweet weights, not trying to pretend I do belong there. While chatting another regular lifter (with mega-huge muscles) I did not proceed to tell him that I need to leave shortly because The Bachelor was on. I'm sure our whole intellectual conversation on jobs, finance, and career was tainted by my guilty TV pleasure. My sister's response was: "You could’ve just told him you were late to meet someone…avoid admitting the dorkiness. "
Apparently my desire to be set up by someone wonderful is seeping into the minds of other people. My dear coworker did not tell me about a dream she had in which she was setting me up with Jason Mraz. Apparently we made some sweet eye contact while he was on stage and she knew this love match was perfect. Perhaps I'll go to his next show. Foreshadowing anyone...?
I did not avoid taking my garbage out for days and rather than walking down the 3 flights of stairs and walking the 1/2 block to the dumpster, I just lit some good smelling candles when my friend dropped by for a visit.
2 comments:
Kari - don't you remember how wrong that show is on so many levels? It will bring you tears - don't do it! But then again, I cry watching the Biggest Loser.
Abs
Hahaha, love it Kari, love it. I was chasing Christian around the park today (first time really "running" in a while) and noticed that not only was my butt jiggling, my stomach was too... no joke. So take heart that at least your tummy is flat!
Post a Comment