Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sister, sweet sister

Today is my sister's three year anniversary of having Multiple Sclerosis. I am in awe of her.

I am in awe of her strength. She has not complained once since she's been diagnosed.

I am in awe of her discipline. She takes her shots three times a week. There are 7 sites you can inject the shot, and you must rotate to each site each time. And when you cycle back to the same site you have to do it an inch away from the last time so you don't damage your skin.

I am in awe of her grace. She has never asked why and humbly understands that the Lord will carry her through all difficult moments.

I am in awe of her endurance. Her shots are painful and frequently bring tears to her eyes. She is not upset about it, but understands this is what she must do. Her leg will feel pain and she struggles to walk and yet through her tears, she pushes forward.

I am in awe of her sweetness. She has an amazing gentleness surrounding her. She is a lover and just wants to be loved.

Our family did not have much time to grieve Amanda's MS diagnosis since 7 weeks later my mom's devastating diagnosis was also abruptly planted in our lives. But know sweet sister that your battles, disappoints, pain, and fears are constantly close to my heart, my prayers, and my affection. I am always here for you and will always do anything for you.

Love,
Kari

Psalm 143:6,8, “I stretch out my hands to You, my soul longs for You, as a parched land. . . Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; For I trust in You; Teach me to walk in the way in which I should walk; For to You I lift my soul.” (NASB)

No comments: