Saturday morning Shiloh and I rode approximately 60 miles as part of training. It went well, but I definitely had to use my mental muscle to finish the last 8 miles. I was getting tired, my lower "butt" area was hurting, my shoulder blades were tired, and I just wanted to stop. But we both finished strong and treated ourselves to Jimmy John's sandwiches and a few hours by the pool to recover.
Saturday night I connected with my friend Stephanie from Minneapolis who was in town for the weekend with her boyfriend and another friend. It was so good to see her! I met her at Target and we just clicked, mostly because of our ability to talk. However, our friendship developed even more when my sister was diagnosed with MS and my mom's prognosis from her cancer wasn't good. Stephanie's mom has MS and it's really bad - she's had it for years and can't even speak or move her body. And Stephanie's father passed away shortly before I met her. Stephanie is an impressive woman who handles these battles with grace and strength, and I've appreciated her sincerity and support towards my family these last three years. The four of us went the Rockies game and then hopped around the fun spots downtown after that until I took myself home so I could get some much needed sleep.
Stephanie and I at Cowboy Lounge
Sunday morning Shiloh and I had the perfect excuse to avoid a bike ride. It was raining and lightning a lot at 6:30am Sunday morning, and we decided to skip the ride (mostly because it would be miserable and potentially dangerous) and slept in for another 3 hours. It was heaven! I haven't slept in for weeks and it was so nice. I went to church and then spent the rest of the afternoon with Sonya wondering around Pearl Street in Denver and talking about everything under the sun.
It was a great weekend...a good balance of fun, exercise, and girl-time!
1 comment:
Sounds devine! :)
Post a Comment